I'm live blogging the second day of the Affiliate Management Days conference (#AMDays) and am listening to a session by John Greathouse of Rincon Venture Partners on Leveraging Online Video for Affiliate Programs. Here are my notes from the session:
Online video marketing is maturing. YouTube - more views, longer views, more reviews.
- Advertisers can't efficiently gain access to large audiences alongside high quality content
- Influences can only produce one or two 3-minute videos per week. Can't invest in production / marketing
- Big Frame, Maker and MAChiniama.com are media companies that provide marketing an production resources for YouTube influencers, and creates video advertising that's targeted.
- Networks for video tracking are forming
- Talent is Being Professionalized
- Ads are moving beyond pre-rolls and translucent banners to videos before videos. (i.e.: Day DeStorm / Ryobi / Home Depot)
- Clickable video ads offer publishers a new revenue stream
- Generates product interest
- Moves you beyond last click tracking