This is a live blog post from the Online Marketing Summit (#OMSummit). Session presented by Kevin Ryan of Motivity Marketing
- Photos and video still reign – and we like it!
- Use meaningful photos
- More sharing than commenting
- links second most common media type. Status is least common
- Potentially great for brands wanting to leverage influential word of mouth.
- Successful brands are focusing more on a posting quality than quantity.
- Photos by far dominate as media type for engagement rates. Also tend to have high rates of sharing
- Even large pages are still gaining fans at solid rates.
Findings from Case Study
- Significant correlations in the content / subject relationship between search and social.
- Brand terms are some of the highest performing terms in both channels
- Geographically-specfic terms perform similarly
- Lifestyle attributes performance similarly across platforms
- Mindless content stratégies don’t work
- Test and learn, lobby for testing budgets
- Social insights map relevant content
- Google subjects in social that could work in search, performance media (everywhere)
- Strategic positioning among different social properties
- Inform copy content for ad creative