Today is my first day back after attending the first Affiliate Management Days conference inSan Francisco, which I believed to be a great success for Geno Prussakov's first show ever. #AMDays is a conference dedicated solely to the education and advancement of affiliate managers from around the world. I had the privilege (and challenge) of live blogging the entire conference for SarahBundy.com, Small Business Trends and the AMDays Blog itself. Here is a quick access list to the sessions I live blogged during the show:
- The Science of Influence And Persuasion by John Greathouse, a partner at Rincon Venture Partners, a venture capital firm investing in early stage web-based businesses.
- Newest Adware and Affiliate Marketing Abuses by Ben Edelman, Assistant Professor, Harvard Business School
- Using Web Analytics to Grow Your Affiliate by Kevin Webster, Internet Marketing Manager at Forbes Custom Products
- Panel: Inside the Mind of a Super Affiliate featuring Super Affiliates Tony Pantano of IMWave (search publisher), Kim Rowley of KIMarketing (super blogger) and Kiva Kumar of TheFind.com (shopping engine).
- Maximize Your Affiliate ROI with Checkout Optimization by Linda Bustos from Elastic Path Software
- Educating Internal Business Teams About Affiliate Marketing by Ryan Diehl of Best Buy
- Affiliate Marketing for Facebook by by Marc Phillips of Skumatic
- Leveraging Online Video for Affiliate Programs by John Greathouse of Rincon Venture Partners
- How to Effectively Reach & Engage Bloggers by Jenny Williams of Skimlinks
- Leveraging the “Offline” Channels by Keynote Jason Spievak, CEO of Ring Revenue
- Trends & Innovations in the Affiliate Marketplace by Google’s Ali Pasha
- Types and Value of Affiliates – Keys to Running a Healthy, Profitable Affiliate Program by Kush Abdulloev of VMInnovations
All in all I was very impressed by the caliber of speakers and appreciated the intimate setting of about 100 attendees. This gave me the greatest opportunity to network with high caliber people in the industry.
I also got to speak at the show on How to Recruit Super Affiliates - and several people approached me after including the affiliate managers from Best Buy, Ancestry.com and Sandals Resorts (who won our free affiliate program audit worth $500) to name a few.
It was great to meet such fun and interesting people. I will definitely be back next year. This is the perfect show for those interested in furthering their affiliate management expertise, professional development and connections with respected colleagues.