Earlier this week I posted about the Top 10 Google Adsense Tips from Google's AdSense in the City series, which I attended with James and Arlene Martell. The second part of the presentation was an intro to Google’s DFP Server Network for AdSense Publishers.
Here are my takeaways from this portion of the presentation.
What is Google’s DFP?
- Stands for "DoubleClick For Publishers"
- A piece of technology that allow you to traffic ads form multiple sources
Benefits of DFP
- Central Ad Management – It allows you one central location for ad management
- Easily Schedule Ads - Offers reminders to you know to change your HTML code.
- Powerful Reporting – Analytics are included, which also gives you the ability for your advertisers to log in and see just their reporting so you can focus on building quality content instead of on reporting.
- Precise Targeting – You can geographically target ads to people based on their country, province or state and even postal or zip code based on their IP address. This is the first time this has ever been possible.
Maximize revenue with Dynamic Allocation. No other platform enables real-time competition for each impression.
- Directly booked non-guaranteed inventory competes for the available ad impression
- The highest paying booked ad available competes in real-time with thousands of advertisers through Google AdSense.
- Impression sold to the highest paying bidder.
DFP Small Business is Right for You IF
- You receive direct requests from advertisers
- You manage multiple ad networks
- You need greater control over when, where and to whom your ads are delivered
Go to www.google.com/dfp/sb for more info (It’s automatically approved if you already have an AdSense account.)
Check out the DFP Small Business Academy – How to Guide for Google DFP for Google AdSense Publishers.