With 2013 only a day away I spent some time thinking about the last year and all the incredible things we've seen and done. I am extremely grateful for what we've been able to experience this year and it was an absolute pleasure to be part of the affiliate marketing industry throughout 2012. Here are some of my personal highlights & "20 best" personal experiences of the year. In no particular order:
- Being listed in Affiliate Summit's Top 25 Affiliate Marketing Blogs of 2012
- Having achieved over 10,000 unique readers during my first year of blogging.
- Actively contributing to the Industry Advancement Council and efforts of the PMA
- Organizing and launching the first annual Vancouver Affiliate Marketers Give Back event which helped men, women and children in need in Vancouver.
- Meeting and conversing with the great Gary Vaynerchuk
- Having someone I deeply admire and respect, Carolyn Kmet, join our team!
- Having the opportunity to mentor two young female entrepreneurs who are passionate about our industry
- Consulting for billionaires
- Enjoying time in the Bahamas while working with Sandals Resorts and meeting with their incredible team
- Working with respected brands such as Sea World, Sandals, Best Buy, Blurb, Abe's Market, Kiyonna, Leading Lady, Dearfoams, Baggallini, LifeLock, Wondershare and more
- Expanding our global reach to work with clients in Canada, the US, Brazil, China, Hong Kong, Ireland, Australia, Finland, Sweden and the Middle East.
- Contributing to several fundraising projects with fellow affiliate marketers to help raise money for Breast Cancer Research, Big Brothers and support those affected by Hurricane Sandy.
- Speaking at the first ever Affiliate Management Days Conference and leading a workshop at the Online Marketing Summit
- Being interviewed on several podcasts (The Buzz, GeekCast, QAQN, PMA) and being featured on Performance Marketer Insider TV
- Contributing the "Affiliate Marketing for Merchants" course at The School of Internet Marketing
- Successfully launching AffiliateManagementTrainers.com and creating Affiligate.org (launching 2013) to help Affiliate Managers learn how to better serve their affiliates, optimize their programs, become more profitable and enjoy sustainable growth
- Being chosen as the head instructor of Affiliate Marketing at the Online Marketing Institute
- Being asked to submit a speaking proposal for a TEDx event in Vancouver
- Becoming a contributor of Small Business Trends
- MOST IMPORTANTLY - Enjoying my baby girl's first year of life (while still having the opportunity to experience the list above)!
I'm so grateful to everyone who allowed 2012 to be so successful for us (and me personally)! Thank you for the amazing opportunities, the referrals, and the friendships. I feel so honoured and grateful for everything good that has come our way.
I look forward to continuing to serve the industry, to help move it forward and to continue to give back to those around me. Further (and most importantly), I look forward to spending more time with my children, my family and friends. 2012 was a year to be remembered, and I look forward to what the future brings!
To each of you, have a safe and wonderful New Year tonight! I look forward to seeing you all in 2013!