This is a live blog post from the Online Marketing Summit. Day 2. Session presented by Danny Maloney of PinLeague.
What Can Pinterest Do?
- Mobilize fan base
- Attract new customers
- Analytics and Data
What Pinterest Is (and Isn’t)
- Fastest to 10 MM monthly users – now 30 MM active monthly users
- Average 175 repins on comments
- Its NOT about status updates. It’s about conversation and real time. The average tweet lives to about 20 mins. The average facebook page lives for about 80 minutes. The average post on Pinterest is still being tested, but it’s averaging for over a week.
- It’s an online Pin-Board = why do people care? They express life events, home projects, shopping, gifting, education, self-identity. This is EXTREMELY relevant and important.
- Pinterest makes Discovery and Planning social.
- It’s brand and product inclusive (more…)