Guest speakers at #OMSummit – CatFish of BusinessSol.com. Part 2 of How Social Media Affects SEO.
- Blog posts are new pages of content that can be focused on new keyword opportunities or reinforce existing targtes
- Blog posts topics are not constrained by current site architechture
- Blog posts provide excellent internal link opportunities
- New blog posts create new pages that slightly increase Page Rank
- Too many blogs are under-utilized for internal linking purposes. This should be leveraged more (ie: If you mention dog food, link back to your dog food page on your site)
- Make sure you include your main navigation template on all your pages – if you have 1000 – 2000 blog posts of pages of content and you don’t have your global navigation in place, you could be missing out on TONS of SEO opportunity.
- YouTube is the second largest search engine in the world.
- Include the essential keywords in the title of your video and link back to them from your main site
- Top listings in YouTube can drive considerable traffic
- YouTube thumbnails also appear in regular Google / Bing search results
- Number of views you have, number of embeds you have will impact how well they rank (more…)