This is a continuation of the session at #OMSummit, Day One, from 6 Keys to Stand Out in Social Marketing.
The way we communicate has evolved. Social Media represents the largest shift in communications in human history. We are in the midst of a revolution.
Evolution of Communication
- 1400’s – printing press
- 1800’s – telegraph (telephone)
- Late 1800’s – recordable media (radio)
- 1900’s – TV
- 2000’s – Mass Social Communication where your audience is now the content producer. Additionally, the audience is savvy and has moved from broadcast to dialog. Meaning we expect people to communicate directly with us.
- Louisville Real Estate Agent – 30% conversion rate on leads sourced via Twitter!!
- IBM – Generates millions by listening for leads
- TrNet – listens for “events” and sells software through twitter
- Roger Smith Hotel – attracts guests