We are into day two of the Performance Marketing Insights Conference in New York and I’m sitting in a session called Global Affiliate Marketing: Approaching International, Regional and Local Strategy, presented by Peter Figeuredo, James Maley and Jess Nathan.
Following are my notes and personal takeaways from this session:
- US Market Overview: B2C ecom sales will grow 12% to $384.8 billion in 2013 (30% of worldwide ecom)
- US remains the largest spending country online but China is closing fast.
- Avg B2C ecommerce sales per user reach $2466 *Source: EMarketer
- Advertisers with programs see 23% of their online sales coming from Affiliate.
- 289MM people online
- Average 30 hours a month online
- $1738 average customers spend online in 2012
- $111BB online retail spend in 2012
- 12% annual growth forecast over the next 5 years
- $5BB sales revenue driven within UK affiliate channel
His recommendation: service and focus on your local market before you move to others. (more…)