I’m currently live blogging at the Online Marketing Summit (#OMSummit) and am in the first workshop on day 1 called “Stand Out Social Marketing” presented by Mike Lewis, Author of Stand Out Social Marketing.
Here are my notes from the first part of this three hour workshop:
Here are the six stand out strategies that will make you hugely successful in the social space:
1. Pay Attention
Listen to your customers and understand them on an individual basis. Don’t be general. Speak with people and care about them. This shoudl be the heart of your social strategy. It involves paying attention to behaviours and individuals.
- Broadcast messages through multiple channels
- Collect data and demographically target
- Open stores in areas of audience concentration
- Drive people to online or offline purchases
- If you are trying to get more people into your extended audience – share photos and videos.
- If you’re trying to get more passive fans, who are silent observers, ask questions.
- If you’re trying to get more moderate interactors who are regular engagers, consistency is key.
- If you are trying to get more active interactors, who are your top fans, make them companions (guest blogger, reward them for shares, give them public props, etc)
- If your’e trying to get influential interactors, influencers who are active with your brand, you guest post with them.
Focus on the needs of your prospects, not the needs of your company. Repurposing content to drive additional interactions – solve someone’s problem.